Lemongrass also known by its Latin name, Cymbopogon flexuosus is a native variety of Lemongrass grown in Thailand. A grass with many uses, in the world of tea, lemongrass is particularly enjoyed because of its sweet lemon taste but without the tangy flavour normally experienced with lemon.
This intriguing lemon character is present because Lemongrass leaves contain a high concentration of citral. As a herbal tisane in its own right, Lemongrass yields a refreshing, slightly sweet, fruity cup which makes it a perfect blending ingredient where a sweet, citrus flavour is required.
- INGREDIENTS:-Lemongrass Leaves
- ORIGIN:-Thailand. Grown: 200 - 500ft above sea level
- LEAVES:-1st Grade, New Crop, Air and Sun Dried, Traditional Process
- AROMA:-Lemon, citrus scent
- COLOUR:-Light, Pale Infusion
- TASTE:-Sweet, lemon taste without the normal lemon tang
- WELL BEING:-Calming
- WELL BEING:-Refreshing
- WELL BEING:-Relaxing
- FLAVOUR:-Slightly Sweet
- STRENGTH:-Light Bodied
- CAFFEINE CONTENT:-None