Processed in a similar way to tea leaves, Yerba Mate leaves are cut just before they reach full growth. The cut leaves are then steamed and dried then sifted and allowed to age so their flavour will intensify.
Yerba Mate has a high caffeine content, similar to that of a mild Arabica coffee and has a vegetative flavour.
- INGREDIENTS:-Luxury Green Mate
- ORIGIN:-Southern Brazil, State of Parana and Mato Grosso.Grown: Below 1000 ft above sea level
- CAFFEINE:-Approx 80mg per cup
- AROMA:-Somewhat grassy, vegetative
- COLOUR:-Tending light and yellowish
- TASTE:-Vegetative green leaves
- WELL BEING:-Energising
- STRENGTH:-Medium Bodied
- CAFFEINE CONTENT:-Moderate