The production for Formosa Lapsang begins by withering the freshly picked tea over pine and oak fires. The leaves are then pan fired and each leaf rolled by hand before being pressed and covered by cloths in wooden barrels.
After fermenting, the leaves are then rolled again and hung in bamboo baskets over burning pine boughs to dry. The resultant flavour of smoky pine and oak fires, combined with the high quality of leaf used, makes Formosa Lapsang one of the world's finest teas.
- INGREDIENTS:-Luxury Black Tea
- ORIGIN:-Nantou County, Taiwan. Grown: 1000â€™ ft â€“ 2000â€™ ft. above sea level
- CAFFEINE:-Approx between 27- 35mg per cup
- LEAVES:-Formosa Lapsang
- AROMA:-Smokey with hints of pine
- COLOUR:-Tending bright, orange highlights
- TASTE:-Smooth and full of flavour with hints of pine and oak fire.
- WELL BEING:-Invigorating
- MENU GUIDE:-Specialist
- STRENGTH:-Medium Bodied
- CAFFEINE CONTENT:-Moderate